Re: History for sqlplus? HERE IT IS!

From: Spider <google_at_gravesweeper.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 21:43:35 -0800

Well, I missed the earlier thread, so sorry if this is a repeat. I did try to check old messages on google and didn't see much mentioned, especially no mention of gqlplus in *oracle*. gqlplus tab completion rocks. sadly oracle (through the effort of it's customers) is almost up to the same ease of use as all of the open-source DBs' CLI.

iSQLPlus is the web browser thing? Um, er, while it might work for some people it is a complete waste of time for me. Often the DB is on a private network and I only have shell access to it. I also have come to think any "application" in web browser is bound to suck for speed (java), or a multitude of other reasons (M$ compatibility extortion, etc). Maybe I haven't investigated far enough, but I don't see how I'm going to get my web browser pointed where the sun don't shine.

I shudder to ask what you mean by "SQL*Plus will soon be gone"? Please don't tell me that oracle will have no CLI in future releases.