Re: Exproting from Solaris to Win2000 gives error, IMP-00010: Not a valid export file, header failed verification

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:23:29 +0100

"Faiz" <its_faiz_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2d4fafba.0302180426.2702f485_at_posting.google.com...
> Dear Oracle Experts,
>
> We have Oracle Server (version 8.1.5) installed in Sun Solaris
> platform. The work stations are on Win98 with Oracle client 8.1.5 and
> 8.1.7. Now I want to move data to another database. I created ???.DMP
> file (by sitting on any work station) with "exp" command and copied it
> to the CD.
>
> Now I wish to restore it on Win2000 Server having Oracle ver 8.1.5 and
> 8.1.7. When I execute "imp" command to import data from the ???.DMP
> file it throws error
>
> IMP-00010: Not a valid export file, header failed verification
> IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully
>
> I searched it on different groups but could not found any solution.
> Many people have talked about binary mode of ftp. I am not familiar
> with this term. What does this mean, and how it can be implemented.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Faiz

If the export resides on Solaris and you need to bring to winblows, you can do that using the ftp program.
Just start a dos box on windows,
type
ftp <your solaris server>
binary
get <name of your export file>
quit

If you don't use the binary command cr/lfs will be added to every record, making the file unusable.

Hth Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 12:23:29 CST