Re: database links to move data between servers

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:42:30 -0800

Paul Dixon wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
>
> > Either exp, imp, or a database link will likely require a DBA to perform
> > part or all of the work, at least initially.
>
> Daniel,
>
> you've aroused my curiosity. Assuming the user already has the CREATE
> DATABASE LINK privilege, what else needs doing to create the database link
> that must be done by a DBA ?
>
> Paul Dixon

If the assumption is valid nothing. And I know there are lots of people out there that give users the CONNECT role without understanding the security implications. But in the environments where I work no user would ever have this privilege.

In any case assuming a decent amount of data ... database links are slow.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 08:42:30 CST