Exproting from Solaris to Win2000 gives error, IMP-00010: Not a valid export file, header failed verification

From: Faiz <its_faiz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 04:26:58 -0800

Dear Oracle Experts,

We have Oracle Server (version 8.1.5) installed in Sun Solaris platform. The work stations are on Win98 with Oracle client 8.1.5 and 8.1.7. Now I want to move data to another database. I created ???.DMP file (by sitting on any work station) with "exp" command and copied it to the CD.

Now I wish to restore it on Win2000 Server having Oracle ver 8.1.5 and 8.1.7. When I execute "imp" command to import data from the ???.DMP file it throws error

IMP-00010: Not a valid export file, header failed verification IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

I searched it on different groups but could not found any solution. Many people have talked about binary mode of ftp. I am not familiar with this term. What does this mean, and how it can be implemented.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Faiz Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 06:26:58 CST