TO_CHAR PROBLEMS WITH FORMATING DATE INVALID NUMBER

From: Kev Baker <kev_at_wwwatt.co.uk>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 02:02:11 -0800

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help

I am trying to format a date using to_char

When I use sysdate to char works no problem.

select to_char(sysdate,'MM/DD/YY') from dual;

However when I cut and paste the date from the result of (select sysdate from dual) and then put that into the statement below I get an 'Invalid Number' error message.

select to_char('18-FEB-2003 09:40:49','MM/DD/YY') from dual;

Any ideas?

Thanks Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 04:02:11 CST