Re: URL check procedure

From: Pavel Vetesnik <Pavel.Vet_at_volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:26:42 +0100

Greetings,

as I found so far, the job can not be done with Oracle8. Oracle8 seems to only have 'request' and 'request_pieces' functions without any status indicator. The additional functions for HTTP communication are for Ora9i only :-(.
So I probably write it in Java.

But thank you anyway for your answers,
Pavel

> Pavel,
>
> Look at the example code posted on the link where you read about the
> package.
>
> These might give you some ideas on how to solve your problem.
>
> --
> Ron Reidy
> Oracle DBA
>
> Pavel Vetesnik wrote:
> > Thank you Ron,
> >
> > I've learned about the utl_http package at
> > http://rainbow.mimuw.edu.pl/oracle9i/appdev.901/a89852/utl_http.htm.
> > But the problem is, that I can use only very small subset of functions
(I
> > can use UTL_HTTP.REQUEST and UTL_HTTP.REQUEST_PIECES).
> >
> > Please what should I do to use the other ones? Like
UTL_HTTP.Get_Response()