Re: History for sqlplus? HERE IT IS!

From: Jon Yi <joycompu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:21:36 GMT

> Spider wrote:
> > A group search didn't turn anything up about this, so I wanted to post
> > a public service announcement. I have found two "wrappers" for sqlplus
> > that offer improvements like tab completion and command history for
> > sqlplus:
> >
> > http://gqlplus.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > gqlplus is a drop-in replacement for sqlplus, an Oracle SQL client,
> > for UNIX platforms. The difference between gqlplus and sqlplus is
> > command-line editing and history, plus tablename completion.

I was interested in this product and tried (compiled and ran) it on redhat 7.1 with Oracle 8.1.6. Below is what I got, and it stops there giving only echoes of what I type in. Is there something that needs to be done first? (For original poster). Thanks.
===
/home/jcy/bin/src/gqlplus>./gqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production on Tue Feb 18 00:52:14 2003

(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: jcy
Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production

   USER_ID USER_NAME

        40 jcy

DB_NAME