veritas cluster question

From: Susan Lam <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 15:54:39 -0800

Currently I have two oracle instances reside on netapp mount on two different sun solaris server. I am looking into implementing a failover service. A consultant has been talking about implementing veritas cluster across the two servers so that if one server goes down, the other server will pick up the service automatically.

I am a newbie to veritas cluster. I appreciate if anyone can tell me how it works. Such as:
- Does the server does everything such as picking up the IP and
hostname?
- Does it involve any oracle level configuration such as setting up
listener failover?

Thanks!
Susan Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 17:54:39 CST