Re: any comment on this one please

From: Danny Stollé <d.stolle_at_info.inf>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:53:31 GMT

I dont think you understand this one. I dont dismiss good advice, that is why i ask for advice. the workaround mr. Bakker give me is the one i intend of implement. but i can't use the last implementation because that only works with static reports; which in my case is not possible.

that is why i am using the workaround of sybrand and implement the last workaround.

sorry if you felt little unconfterble, i am not trying to dismiss any advice. i am taking good advice and try to work it out my self.

danny

so if you read the note clearly you could tell i was using sybrand's workaround with a little of mine implementation in this matter.

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E4FD5DE.D001E5E5_at_exesolutions.com...
> "Danny Stollé" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have had a big headache on this one, but i guess this would be a good
> > workaround to be dynamic in multilangual reports. but i need some advice
if
> > this would be a good workaround.
> >
> > if you please read the messages in this tree then you would understand
the
> > case.
> >
> > this would be the workaround:
> >
> > one table having the languages (language, isonumber of the document
> > (unique), language code, the location of the
> > language-dependend-configurationfile).
> > one table having categories (category_id and category_name)
> > one table having the language id and the category_id and the block_name
in
> > the configurationfile.
> >
> > this configuration file would be an xml document containing the blocks
of
> > categories. the blocks contains the language information and
translations
> > which will feed the report by the choise made in the application.
> >
> > <dutch>
> > <block1="block1">
> > -having information-
> > </block1>
> > <block2="block2">
> > -having information-
> > </block2>
> > </dutch>
> >
> > would it be a good workaround or does somebody have some advice. it
would
> > also work with ini-files, but this is platform dependend.
> >
> > thanx in advance,
> > danny
>
> Rather than dismissing the advice given by Sybrand why don't you take it.
If