Re: "order siblings by" problem with Oracle 9.0.1.1

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:13:26 +0300

SQL> select banner from v$version;

BANNER
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.2.1 - Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.2.1 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.2.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.2.0 - Production

SQL> declare
  2 v integer;
  3 begin
  4 select x into v from (
  5 select 1 x from dual
  6 )
  7 start with x=1
  8 connect by prior x = x - 1
  9 order siblings by x;
 10 dbms_output.put_line ('X is:'||v);  11 end;
 12 /
X is:1

So I think this is a bug in PL/SQL (is was claimed that 9i has unified engine used by both SQL and PL/SQL, but apparently this was not the case until 9.2).