History for sqlplus? HERE IT IS!

From: Spider <google_at_gravesweeper.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2003 23:06:23 -0800

A group search didn't turn anything up about this, so I wanted to post a public service announcement. I have found two "wrappers" for sqlplus that offer improvements like tab completion and command history for sqlplus:

http://gqlplus.sourceforge.net/

gqlplus is a drop-in replacement for sqlplus, an Oracle SQL client, for UNIX platforms. The difference between gqlplus and sqlplus is command-line editing and history, plus tablename completion.

http://www.gusnet.cx/proj/miscunix/code/sqlplusplus.c

sqlplusplus.c - Wrapper for Oracle's lame SQL*Plus program that gives you readline command editing (just like bash) and history.

I have used both of these programs are painless to copmile and I have used each extensively. sqlplusplus is older and has some terminal emulation issues for me, but I just found gqlplus which I am very fond of and works beautifully. Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 01:06:23 CST