Re: multilangual problem

From: Danny Stollé <d.stolle_at_info.inf>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:42:06 GMT

Hallo mr. Bakker,

thank you for you comment, but this aproach would mean that the report design would be static.

the report design i have to automate with a back-end and a front-end solution (in case of my study) is of being dynamic. the report contains a frontpage with an index, and several pages having measurementresults, which can be excluded or included.

if i would take your advice, but instead of using the mapping to a report but to a configuration file or table with the specific translations, would that be a workaround dealing with future other languages? (the categories excually are of technical-categories and general-categories, which can be chosen to include into the report).

if you can't have static reports, what would be a best workaround to have your translations printed into your document.

perhaps i am not this clear, the problem is that yes i have my knowledge of Oracle and Java, but this is the first time i am dealing with this multilangual problem. And none of my coworkers are familiour with databases let along Oracle.

best regards,
Danny Stollé Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 04:42:06 CST