Re: No "create domain" command in oracle

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2003 23:07:11 -0600

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, bdick_at_cox.net wrote:
> Other RDBMS vendors allow you to create a check constraint independent
> of a column. Then you can bind this check constraint to as many
> columns as you wish. When you change the check constraint, it changes
> for all bound columns.

This would be useful. I use Erwin to handle these scenarios, but that's not within the database so the actual database modifications involve altering/dropping the table. This type of functionality would allow one to marry the domain idea of Erwin, or the equivalent in other databases, with the domain of the database itself.

--
Galen deForest Boyer