Re: database links to move data between servers

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:39:50 -0800

jim agans wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to import production data into a test table for testing
> purposes.
> the production data and test database reside on different servers. I
> have heard a db link will get me from one instance to the next...is
> this correst?
> If so, what is the statement syntax.
>
> thanks
> jwa

Depending on how much data it would be about the worst possible means of accomplishing this task ... the only thing worse would be retyping it.

Look at EXPort and IMPort.

Either exp, imp, or a database link will likely require a DBA to perform part or all of the work, at least initially.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 10:39:50 CST