Re: No "create domain" command in oracle

From: Brian E Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:06:59 GMT

Oracle doesn't have domains. If you have a common constraint, you have to define it for each column and track it yourself. You can use the constraint name and a naming standard to help you.

Domains are a nice feature, but I have not seen them used much even in the RDBMS systems that support them. People are just not that organized. Sadly, many people don't even use PK-FK constraints.