Performance doubt on my explicit cursor with a subquery

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:11:18 -0500

I figured out the following way to my IN list in the explicit cursor:

Cursor c_qty ( p_siteID IN varchar2, p_vendorID IN varchar2) is

        SELECT SUM(r.qty), r.qty_unit
        FROM receipts r,  lines p,  heads h
        WHERE r.site_id= p_siteID
        AND h.vendor_id IN (select vendor_id
                             from vendor v,
                             (select db_num
                              from vendor
                              where vendor_id = p_vendorID ) d
                              where v.db_num = d.db_num)
        AND 'other conditions'
       GROUP BY  r.qty_unit, r.site_id;

But the problem is will it be too resource extensive if this cursor been called in another dynamic cursor loop for 8K times?

C Chang Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 22:11:18 CST