Re: Total beginner querying oracle tables

From: Bonnie R <bonvig_at_aol.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 13:30:44 -0800

Thanks for your explanations. It's beginning to make more sense to me. I've changed my query and now I'm getting a new error, so that must progress!

Error:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Here's my query:
"insert into testtable select employee_id from AHVZDIS_DIS_D"

I have since given up the idea of downloading the data. I didn't realize that Oracle sql was so different from MS sql. In my company, someone is already downloading all the oracle tables to a sql server, and I'm going to connect to that for my querying.

Thanks for your help!
Bonnie Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 15:30:44 CST