Re: lost table name

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 08:48:26 -0800

Andrew Allen <ajallen_at_mailhost.det.ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<3E4B21C4.171392A5_at_mailhost.det.ameritech.net>...
> Jerry Preston wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am trying to get the table name.
> >
> > I have ran sql in sqlplus on the server the oracle 7.1.3 is installed:
> >
> > select table_name from all_tables;
> >
> > I get the following:
> >
> > TABLE_NAME
> > ------------------------------
> > DUAL
> > SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE_MAP
> > TABLE_PRIVILEGE_MAP
> > STMT_AUDIT_OPTION_MAP
> > AUDIT_ACTIONS
> > PSTUBTBL
> > USER_PROFILE
> > ROSSTRINGS
> > ROSLFDESC
> > ROSTFDESC
> > ROSOBJMAP
> >
> > TABLE_NAME
> > ------------------------------
> > ROSSEQUENCES
> >
> > I have looked under oracle/oradata/xxx/rbs and found rbs01.dbf.
> >
> > Any ideas on how I can find the owner and tables for the oners?
> >
> Login as system or any user with dba role and . . .
> select owner, table_name from dba_tables;
>
> rbs01.dbf is a/the file upon which resides the rbs (rollback)
> tablespace. What is rollback? Read the book, any oracle book.

Andrew could have also mentioned that the all_tables view also contains the owner column.

For information on tablespaces to datafiles see dba_data_files.

For information on Oracle dictionary views see the Oracle version# Reference manual as in Oracle 8i Reference.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 10:48:26 CST