Re: Designing SQL Queries

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 07:04:18 -0800

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<T0J2a.86374$tq4.3898_at_sccrnsc01>...
> How about "SQL for Dummies"? Pry open the wallet and start reading or were
> you expecting some other response?
> Jim
>
> --
> Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
> with family. Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign. You can figure
> it out.
> "Raghu" <raghu_work_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am in need of good beginner's information on designing SQL queries.
> > Also, pointers for desinging complex queries will be very helpful.
> >
> > -TIA
> > Raghu

I recently bought 'High Performance Tuning' by Guy Harrison and I think it is excellent. Lots of detail on queries and tuning, with plenty of examples.

I found the OTN docs to be extremely terse and to the point. I think they lack detail. If your going to get one book on tuning queries, get his. However, its packed with info and is fairly dense for a beginner. Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 09:04:18 CST