Re: 2Gb Exp problems 8.1.7

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 12:27:39 +1100

 Information> I know that there were issues with Oracle 7 export and
 Information> the 2Gb file limit, are they still there with 8.1.7?
 Information> I'm having problems with my export, and although I'll be
 Information> hassling the sysadmins about it, I need to know if its a
 Information> problem at the oracle end.  OS is Sun Solaris 8.

 Information> Thanks

The file size limit is OS dependent and not an Oracle limit. We regularly get files larger than 2 GB on our Alpha system running True64. There are usually two factors related to this limit, the underlying architecture of the platform (e.g. 16/32/64 bit etc) and the filesystem of the operating system. Often the same filesystem implementation is able to address larger file sizes if the underlying architecture byte size is larger i.e. 32vit v 64 bit.

I would expect the solaris 8 filesystem could handle larger than 2BG files, but this may depend on the byte size of your platform.

Tim

--
Tim Cross