Re: Total beginner querying oracle tables

From: Mark Wallace <no.spam_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:49:34 GMT

Bonnie R wrote:

> "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<TWh2a.72846$tq4.2768_at_sccrnsc01>...
> > lost the SFDATA. in the query
> > and try that although the into testtable might not work, try just select.
> > Why download it locally?
> > Jim
>
> There will be 5 other people using the app I'm building, running
> queries and reports. I want to download the tables locally because
> response is too slow and also because I want to code in my login and
> password for the oracle tables.
>
> I didn't understand what you meant when you said "lost the SFDATA. in
> the query"
>
> Bonnie

He meant losE the "SFDATA." as in, get rid of it. You don't need to prefix the owner/schema to every column in your query, if that is the UserID that you are using to connect. But my guess is that Oracle is complaining about the "INTO". Instead, try INSERT INTO TESTTABLE SELECT <column1>, <column2>, <column3>, ... FROM <table>; with no INTO clause in the SELECT part.

Mark Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 15:49:34 CST