Re: concept of indexes

From: David Eynon <david.eynon_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:49:08 GMT

well, from what i understand, indexes are only an entity that we ask to be put, but really have no control over... So rather than "using" an index, it's more like "putting one in place".. right?? It just helps the computer search faster when using "where" clauses or something, but takes up more space in memory... right??