Re: 2Gb Exp problems 8.1.7

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:33:17 GMT

Spam_at_nospam.ac.uk said...
> I know that there were issues with Oracle 7 export and the 2Gb file
> limit, are they still there with 8.1.7?
> I'm having problems with my export, and although I'll be hassling the
> sysadmins about it, I need to know if its a problem at the oracle end.
> OS is Sun Solaris 8.
>
> Thanks
>
> Geoff
> Geoff Reader
> Admin Computing
> University of Brighton

I don't think the issue was with Oracle, but with older versions of Solaris. In order to speed up I/O, you used to bypass the Unix file system and place your Oracle datafiles in O/S raw partitions, which if I remember, had a 2Gb max size.

I've done exports that were more than 2Gb on Solaris in the past. What problems are you having?

--
/Karsten