Re: Problems installing 9i on Linux (SuSE 8.0), sorry long posting!

From: Robert Blok <robert.blok_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:58:34 +0100

Peter,

I assume you really ran the root.sh script as root? Otherwise rerun installation, do run root.sh as root and ignore rest of post.

It looks to me as if your installation crashed on the part where the network configurator is started.
This is a java application, so maybe there was some problem with your jre or insufficient memory (real mem for the java process).

Anyway, this part is restartable using netca in $ORACLE_HOME/bin

Robert.