How to Grant 100 Tables to User?

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 15:21:08 -0800

Hi:

I have a DB User LARRY and he has around 100 Tables (and other objects). I want to GRANT ALL these 100 Tables to another User GATES. How can I do that? I know I could do it manually eg: GRANT ALL ON TABLE1 to GATES;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE1 to GATES;
...and so on.... but is there any way to do that only once (in one statement)?

Secondly, when user GATES accesss Tables from user LARRY (after GRANTS is successful) then GATES has to use LARRY.TABLE1? So is there any way for GATES to access tables without prefixing LARRY? Do I have to CREAT SYNONYM for all the 100 Tables...? Or is there any better approach?

Thanks!

HARI OM Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 17:21:08 CST