Error Handling

From: Gaurav <geeyadav_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 10:50:33 -0800

I am using ASP and Oracle 8.1.7, we have some ASP screens which allows user to enter certain values which are Unique in the tables.

My question is if I want to handle this what is the best way(efficient) of doing it. Should I allow insert stored procedure to raise an exception or should I check by selecting on the table if the value exist and depending on the result Insert or Raise error.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Gaurav Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 12:50:33 CST