Re: Accessing An ORACLE Database In A WebSphere Environment

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:03:26 GMT

peterb_at_klbsystems.com said...
> Hi Oracle Users
>
> At the risk of alienating myself really early in the mail, I am an IIS / ASP
> / Microsoft user. Forgive me - I'm not worthy.
>
> I need to access an ORACLE database in an IBM WebSphere web environment.
>
> My preferred method, due to my previous experience, is to write some
> back-end ASP or javascript pages to accept some HTTP POST parameters and
> then use these params to fashion some SQL to access the ORACLE data, then
> generate some RESPONSE.WRITEs to prove that I actually read it!
>
> Does anyone have any sample script that does something similar to what I'm
> asking and works under WebSphere (or at least should!).
>
> Thanks a million
>
> PeteB

I don't have the answer, but go to http://asktom.oracle.com, click on the Search tab, search for "websphere" (without quotes). There are a few articles where he says you need to use Apache's mod_plsql.

I also typed "websphere oracle" (without quotes) in Google. It appears there's lots of help with faqs, configuration and usage there.

--
/Karsten