Re: Forms 6i question

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 08:56:33 -0800

stocker70_at_yahoo.com (Nisha_tm) wrote in message news:<e27aafef.0302101741.4d9c8d2d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello:
>
> I would appreciate if you can please answer
> the following questions.
>
> Question 1:
> I am new to Forms 6i. I am working on a web-based Form.
> What font would be the most preferred font to use for
> text items. We want to standardize the font type(for
> text items) in all the Forms.
>
> Question 2:
> I also want to use object groups to apply standards
> across all the forms. Can anyone give me an idea
> how to approach that.
>
> thank you very much for your help

cant speak to the font question, I just use what my customer tells me they like.

As to object groups. Best way to handle object groups and object libraries is to create a form to use as a template. Keep all your object groups and libraries there then subclass them to other forms.

good info on this in 'Advanced Forms and Reports' by Dorsey and others. Pretty good book for this kind of thing. Wont teach you how to use the tool, but tells you good practices for using it effectively.

btw, this is basically a DBA forum. Best place to ask questions about the oracle tools is on the odtug listservs Go to odtug.org, get the free membership and then look for where you can register for the listservs. There is one for Developer2000(which is forms and reports). People who specialize in gui tools hang out there. Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 10:56:33 CST