Viewing Blobs

From: Rogbaker <Rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 14:09:46 -0800

I have an Oracle 8i database that is the db for a website. I want to have a table with a Blob field that will allow a user to upload a resume and store it in the database. I assume the resume could be a .jpg, a word .doc, .txt, .pdf, or whatever. I have managed to insert an image into my table:

 IMAGE_ID                                           NUMBER(38)
 IMAGE_DATA                                         BLOB

but I don't know how to view it. Do I need Oracle Forms or something? Thanks for any tips or links to a website with a similar tutorial. Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 16:09:46 CST