Re: Column name to lowercase?

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_elcaro.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 12:17:03 -0800

In article <3E478718.9040701_at_epost.de>, Andreas says...

>Hi,
>
>looking for a solution to set Orcale default for column names from
>uppercase to lowercase.
>
>Of course, I may Oracle to accept lower-case names for tables and
>columns by using double-quotes. But that causes a problem with the
>Oracle data dictionary. Every time I reference this columns I have to
>use the double-quotes.
>
>So my question is: is there any other change to let Oracle run with
>lowercase column names?
>
>I am using Oracle 8.1.7
>
>Greetings,
>Andreas

There is no way to do what you want. You can request an enhancement as mentioned by another poster, but I can almost guarantee that it won't be done as there would be a huge amount of code in the database kernel that would have to be modified.

                                           Rick

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.