Re: Oracle 9i AS on Linux

From: Roger Atkinson <roger.atkinson_at_cubic.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:05:48 -0800

Sander Goudswaard wrote:

> penghis_khan_at_linuxmail.org (Penghis Khan) wrote in
>
> > He is probably referring to Red Hat Advanced Server Developer's
> > Edition. For $60 you can download it for developement/testing/qa
> > purposes:
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/software/advancedserver/developer/
> >
> > You might want to ask Red Hat if this is suitable for your purpose.
>
> And, I'm sorry, but my opinion is still that you cannot make a proof of
> concept on a different OS - say you have to tell your boss that "it does
> not work on RH8" and he decides to move to Win2K but never saw RH AS 2.1 in
> action. You just cannot compare two Linuxes as long as you cannot get it to
> work - regardless of the fact that the AS version costs money.

Thanks to all who responded. I was not aware of the RH Advanced Server Developer edition and will get a copy as soon as I can. I stayed with RH 7.3 for my beta test to try avoid compatibility problems with newer Libs and such. Obviously there is one last piece that I'm missing, or the Oracle XML parser would work when trying to config and start the O9i AS Webcache.

Hopefully the Developer Edition OS will allow me to get over this hurdle and if not I'll contact SuSE to see if they have a similar download.

Thanks again, Roger A.