Re: Tool(s) for database editing

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:02:06 -0800

"Sönke Petersen" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for tools for basic database handling such as editing data,
> creating reports and views.
> I am spoiled by features products like MS Access provide. So I'm looking for
> tools to do this tasks without to much programming.
>
> I heard of Oracle Forms as a programming toolbox to do this..
> Hopefully there exist some more products to do such things.
> It would be greate if someone knew tools that are available as freeware or
> shareware.
>
> Regards,
> Sönke

Can can front-end Oracle with many tools from Oracle's own Internet Developer Suite (Forms and Reports) to MS Access, VB, Java, XML, HTML-JavaScript, Crystal/Seagate Reports, Cognos, Brio, etc.

A good front-end must have coding and anyone with half an interest in their employment future should be looking for any opportunity to learn some. But if the point is just to create a dumb form and do everything manually Oracle Forms will fit the bill just as well as Access. The difference is that Oracle Forms will also allow you to create a truly elegant full-featured front-end.

Daneil Morgan Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 11:02:06 CST