Question

From: Francesco S. Rinaldi <thechessPUSSAVIASPAMMERplayer_at_tin.it>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:47:49 +0100

Hello.
I've the following problem:
I've to query a remote database, in which are stored object which undergo multiple kind of tests.
The result of each test is stored in a different table. If a particular test has not been done yet on a object, there is no record at all in the corresponding table for that object. There is a table from which I can find a list of all the objects on which at least 1 kind of test has been performed. I have to create a list of all the objects with the results of the done tests, but I'm a little bit in troubles. Indeed, the simple query:
SELECT tableGEN.Id,tableA.testA,tableB.testB (etc.) from tableA,tableB (etc.) where tableGEN.Id=tableA.Id and tableGEN.Id=tableB.Id (etc.) fails since it gives me only the objects for which all the tests have been performed, while I need also the other, maybe with a string 'N.A.' in the fields corresponding to test not performed yet.

How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance,
Francesco Received on Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:47:49 CST