Re: Help inserting values into table using a subquery

From: D Newsham <d_newsham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2003 07:39:09 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<ctq54vkv3vsu8s13cbhfs8vrcfpc2294e2_at_4ax.com>...

> Yes, it is, and you are recommended to look up the proper syntax
> before posting, as this is a mere syntax question.

...no kidding, aren't most of them that get posted? Don't you think somebody would look up syntax, and thoroughly search through the newsgroups before posting a "mere syntax" question?

Here's what my "Oracle 8i The Complete Reference" says about Insert statements on page 1110:

INSERT INTO [user.]table [(column [,column]...)]   VALUES (expresseion [,expression]...) | query...);

and from this syntax model, I built my query.

Sheesh. Give a person who might not know *quite* as much as you do about Oracle a little bit of a break. Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 09:39:09 CST