Re: Intel vs Sparc

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 21:57:23 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E42F561.451CF678_at_exesolutions.com>...
> I'm a great supporter of Linux. But I would still argue that those administering Linux are not as well trained as
> those supporting Solaris, HP/UX, or AIX. The Linux world just does not off the depth of training and those working
> with in the depth of experience.

I agree to some extent. Just by being an open source and "free" is not going to cut it for Linux. M$ will just drown it with money. If Linux has any chance of becoming a viable platform that companies can invest money into, then it has to have more then open source, free, few die hard followers as it's slogan... and the magic word is "Money". If Gnome is the best that Linux can offer to attract Windoze users... then it is a sorry attempt.

Still... Linux is an excellent platform and with Larry's money and marketing behind it.... who knows... it may produce a winner in few years.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 23:57:23 CST