Re: Backup question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 06:29:48 -0800

"Huwy" <huw_at_bigbad.com> wrote in message news:<b1teil$et4$1$8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
> I have recently been asked to develop a disaster recovery plan for an Oracle
> (v7) server running NT4 server. Not knowing anything about Oracle I was
> hoping someone could recommend a good strategy.
>
> TIA,

Sure: read the Backup and Recovery Manual or (if you have sufficient money) hire a consultant. IMO: If you don't know anything about Oracle, someone else should get your task assigned.

V7 is dead. You might be faced with Oracle dropping the phone on you, when disaster strikes.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:29:48 CST