Re: Replacing Jserv with Tomcat

From: Sander Goudswaard <sander_at_example.com>
Date: 06 Feb 2003 14:29:12 GMT

jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com (John) wrote in

> Hi, I was wondering if anybody has done this before. I am trying to
> replace Jserv that comes with ORACLE 9i with Tomcat. I am running 9iR2
> on WinXP. Would this break anything? Anythng I need to look out for?
> How do I hook up Tomcat with Apache? Where can I find the DOCs on
> doing this? Any help will be appreciated!

Consider going for OC4J instead, John - available as separate download on OTN, and included in 9iAS 9.0.3.

Adding Tomcat to your HTTP Server that comes with the 9i database at least brings you into an unsupported environment (and OC4J does not - and it runs quite fast).

Sander Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:29:12 CST