Re: double linked list

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:08:44 +1000

"--CELKO--" <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:c0d87ec0.0302041849.36216d26_at_posting.google.com...
> >> But unless you are going to state that the above can NOT be done in
> Oracle ... the fact that CONNECT BY exists is not license to call the
> product, as you did, 'horrible'. <<

<blah blah snipped>

Hi Celko

You made the comment that "Oracle is a horrible product" and argued the point (rather verbosely) that such an assessment was due to your dislike of the connect by clause.

The fact there (may) be better alternatives than the connect by clause with Oracle hardly constitutes Oracle being a horrible product.

I mean, there is a tad more to Oracle than connect by ........

Hope the cover to your new book is fresh and exciting lest people think it a horrible book ;)

Richard Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 06:08:44 CST