Re: Stored Procedure: Transfering data from one table to another from one db to another

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:36:07 +0100

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2003 08:57:24 -0800, rknr3755_at_yahoo.com (RKNR3755) wrote:
>

>>Thanks Frank.  But the table that I am inserting from has a CLOB
>>column.  And this insert does not work because of this.  Do you know
>>how I can solve this?

> Use the dbms_lob package in your insert and/or read up on LOBs in your
> manual.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Does that work over db links? I have had soem trouble with CLOBs over db links (or, more accurate, the pointers). Update x_at_remote set x.CLOBcol = localCLOBcol did the trick. Unfortunately, You need a temporary table (which - depending on the application, could be a global temporary table).

Frank Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 14:36:07 CST