Oracle Heterogeneous Services via Ole Db

From: Ger <a960807_at_ttu.ee>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 08:40:28 -0800

Hi all.
I am trying to establish connection to MsSql from Oracle8i. At the moment i am using connection through ODBC. I was using connection via ODBC and OleDb not in Oracle... And Ole Db was about twice faster...
At the moment i need to convert a large amount of data(about 270k elements). Data replicating(not converting yet) through ODBC takes 6s for element.
Only replicating will take ~19 days.. so if OleDb can give speedup, it would be very handy.
This system goes up to init#.ora at hs(at least if i do error in init# file i get error with normal message). But after init file request excepts. I dunno why. At usual select request i get message like
[Generic Connectivity Using

OLEDB_SQL](pIDataInitialize->LoadStringFromStorage:rc=-2147287038):Extended =
Can anyone explain me how can i use this Hs Ole Sql or/and what the error is. And how can i avoid this.

Server is Win2k Server, connecting to MsSql 2k My hs service for oledb:

[C:\oracle\ora81\hs\admin\varabase.udl]

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=cnvuser;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=conv12;Initial Catalog=Vara;Data Source=GALAXY

[C:\oracle\ora81\hs\admin\initvarasid.ora]
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO ="UDLFILE=c:\oracle\ora81\hs\admin\varabase.udl" #HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO ="SQLOLEDB.1;GALAXY,CATALOG=Vara" --i was trying all

[listener.ora]

    (SID_DESC =

      (PROGRAM = hsolesql)
      (SID_NAME = varasid)