Re: double linked list

From: Juergen <jasche_at_gmx.de>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 00:54:31 -0800

71062.1056_at_compuserve.com (--CELKO--) wrote in message news:<c0d87ec0.0302011323.6b6e9e7f_at_posting.google.com>...
> >> Being a novice in SQL and after doing just a couple of days of
> research on that matter ... <<
>
> Another boss who will not pay for training :0!!

Is not that my boss wouldn't pay for training. It is just that I can't take an endless steep learning curve. It is not just SQL I have to learn to get my job done, there other aereas as well.

> >> I got the impression that SQL hasn't yet evolved to that point to
> provide simple to use keywords for these kind of problems. <<
>
> SQL is a set oriented language, not a procedural language. You have
> to learn to model data in terms of sets and not sequences to use it.

What I realized, it is a totally different animal and it is amazing what one can achieve with statements just a few lines long. I will teach myself up on that stuff. But it'll take time to sink in.

Cheers

Juergen

P.S. CELKO, I learnd about Your good reputation in the SQL community. Keep care to not destroy it by cheaply bashing trademarks without giving a clean argumentation. Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 02:54:31 CST