Performance Problem with View

From: Nicolas Bronke <bronke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:24:34 +0100

Following:
I have a view on shema one. This view takes 2 second for 15000 records for a select count(*)

From another user I created a view on this including two joins for two colums (Both table have around 90 records) and I am for sure that I made the join correctly.
But now the select count(*) on this table needs around 200 seconds. Okay this should not be a big problem, if the a stored procedure needs my view a couple of time so that I wait around half an hour.

Because I did not found the problem, I started a workaround. I created a simple table into which I inserted the records from the foreign shema. Now I created my view on this new table. And now everything worked fine. The copying of the number of records are not the problem.

But I believe this can only a workaround, because I know that the number of rows will increase!

I believe the bottleneck is the switch from the view from the foreign schema to the view in my schema.

Has someone an idea?

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas Received on Sat Feb 01 2003 - 14:24:34 CST