Re: Migrating from Prolog environment to an Oracle RDBMS

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:11:11 -0000

Said,

Can you be more specific about the type of data you want to migrate (volume, format etc)?

There are a number of different ways to migrate data into Oracle. One of the simplest is SQL Loader. This imports formatted data using a file describing the format.

Custom programming is also a possibility. Pro*C/C++ allows you to write C or C++ code with embedded SQL statements to insert data into the database.

I've used both of these techniques in the past and I've found them to be very successful. There are other options though and if you can provide some more details of your exact requirements, I am sure an appropriate solution can be found.

Regards,

Richard