Re: SQL - long list in the where clause. Any ideas?

From: Vattekkat Satheesh Babu <vattekkat.babu_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:47:20 GMT

I would suggest creating a table (or if it is available from other tables, a view) to hold these part numbers. Also, IN or NOT IN is usually slower than EXISTS / NOT EXISTS. I'd write it like select * from your_table T where exists (select 1 from bad_parts where part_number = T.part_number) Received on Sat Feb 01 2003 - 06:47:20 CST