Re: USERS

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 01 Feb 2003 14:37:36 +1100

 DA> s Lehaire wrote:
>> Hi, I want to know in a procedure who is executing it .
>>
>> may anyone have the solution ?
>>
>> Thx for help

 DA> Inside the procedure:

 DA> INSERT INTO log_table VALUES (user_id_information_stuff); COMMIT;

 DA> Unless you plan on active monitoring.

Might not that commit cause unexpected/unwanted side effects?

I would create a log_user function which inserts data into a log table and define it as an autonomous transaction. You could then call that procedure from within the original procedure and know it won't have any impact on the main transaction logic.

Tim

--
Tim Cross