Security and changing passwords over network.

From: OtherOne <OtherOne_at_howdy.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:54:31 -0600

I'm developing a Windows app using ADO and Oracle8i and would like to be able for the user to change the password. I'm assuming that using "ALTER USER..." would send the password as cleat text over the network unless all network communication is encrypted. Does anyone know of a method of changing the password securely over the network without encrypting all network communications?

In SQL*Plus there is the "PASSWORD" command/statement. Is that secure? Any ideas how to execute it using ADO?

Thanks,
Gerald Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 20:54:31 CST