Error creating database on Oracle9i under Suse Linux 8.1

From: Carlos Oliveira <carlos.oliveiraNOSPAM_at_zmail.pt>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:39:15 +0000

Hello

I have a problem when installing Oracle9i R2 under Suse Linux 8.1

During the installation, when the Database Configuration Assistant starts to create the database, at a certain moment it appears this error:

ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment

I have previous experience on installing Oracle9i R2 under Suse 7.3 and 8.0. I'm following all the procedure that Suse support indicates, but I never get this error before.

Can someone please help me?? I'm in a very urgent position...

Many thanks in advance

Cheers
Carlos Oliveira

carlos.a.oliveiraNOSPAM_at_vizzavi.pt