Re: select from another database

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:49:58 GMT

mistvan wrote:
> Hi Folks!
>
> I would like to know how can I select rows from another database and
> insert them into the actual.
> Eg. I'm logged in db1, and there is a database called db2. So, how
> should I complete the insert statement below:
> insert target_table (field1, field2)
> select fld1, fld2
> from scheme.sourcetable_at_db2
>
> I think I don't know something. Please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> mistvan

You have to create a database link. See the following (will probably wrap) for hints about naming dblinks:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1979539::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:633023740029,%7Bdblink%7D

Or you can go to http://asktom.oracle.com/, click on the Search/Archives tab, and search for dblink (like I did to find the above). Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:49:58 CST