Dumb newbie question; how to identify numerics.

From: Jaywalk <jaywalk_at_techie.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 10:31:58 -0800

This is embarassing. I can't for the life of me remember how to get a query to return results only when a certain VARCHAR2 field is not numeric. Some of the fields are numeric and some are not, but I can't do something like "to_number(fieldname)" to figure out which ones are numeric because it blows up on the first non-numeric.

I've been through the manuals, FAQs and past posts and I'm still coming up blank. Is there a kind soul out there who can help me past this brain cramp I'm having?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaywalk Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:31:58 CST