Way to set the prefix for use in an SQL*Plus start command ?

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:13:47 -0700

All -

Are you aware of any way to set an assumed directory when using the SQL*Plus "start" command? My various SQL*Plus scripts live in directory f: on a Windows box, and those scripts have various "start"

commands embedded in them. Do I have to edit each of those scripts so that they look like "start f:\xxxx.sql" instead of "start xxxx.sql" ?

Just like SQL*Plus assumes an ".sql" for the suffix of a filename given in a "start" command, wouldn't it be cool for the user to be able to set the prefix?

Thanks for your time.

Tom Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:13:47 CST